- Rule number 1 – do no harm!
- Jogging: technique of performing
- The benefit of running for health and beauty
- Advantages of slow running and equipment
The popularity of health improvement in the world is steadily growing, but many, including scientists, still slow running wonder how regular jogging is good for health. It is better not to deal with speculation, but to turn to a competent source … They can become a person who has been systematically running for more than 40 years and, despite his considerable age, participates in international marathons.
Rule number 1 – do no harm!
A slow, amateur jogging or jogging is considered healthy. Its goal is to preserve and improve health, prolong the youth of the body, increase efficiency and harmonize the state of mind. Such a run is recommended, first of all, for middle-aged and older people – from 30 to 80 years. To the physical load gave a positive result, advises to adhere to the rule of four “n”:
- constancy – you need to run regularly every other day at a speed of 6-8 km / h;
- consistency – after a run, a break is required per day, so that the body is fully restored;
- gradualness – it is necessary to begin with a 20-minute run, gradually bringing it to an hour;
- strength – the load must correspond to age and health.
Separately it is necessary to tell about monitoring for the status. Pain in the heart, dizziness, tingling in the side – signals that you are not running properly. Feeling one of these slow running symptoms during the training, stop and take a breath. Find the pulse on the wrist and count the number of beats per minute.
In case of aerobic exercise, the heart rate should not exceed:
- in 30 years – 162 beats / min;
- in 40 years – 157 beats / min;
- in 50 years – 152 beats / min;
- in 60 years – 147 beats / min;
- in 70 years – 142 beats / min;
- in 80 years – 137 beats / min.
Why does a stitching pain appear in the side when running? Many therapists explain this by an increased inflow of blood into the abdominal organs. If the colitis is on the right, the liver suffers, on the left – the spleen. To further pain cycling for weight loss does not appear, do not run without a warm-up and a full stomach. While jogging, slow down, breathe more smoothly and do not talk, keep the correct posture.
Healthy running and walking are contraindicated when:
- therosclerosis of the coronary arteries and aorta of the heart;
- bronchial asthma of the second stage;
- varicose veins, thrombophlebitis of the legs;
- hypertension of the second and more stage;
- stroke or infarction, transferred less than a year ago;
- uncompensated forms of diabetes mellitus;
- exacerbation of duodenal ulcers and stomach;
- obesity of the last stage, when excess weight is more than 100%;
- Acute respiratory disease, angina, influenza in the acute phase;
- rheumatism of moderate and maximum degree of activity;
- chronic lung diseases at the stage of exacerbation;
- cirrhosis of the liver, cholelithiasis.
Jogging: technique of performing
Many beginners runners, faced with shortness of breath, aching in the loins and aching pain in the muscles of the legs, throw sports.
Returned to training after 1.5 months, this time strictly following the methodology. A tremendous role in the performance of exercises is meticulous observance of technology. From the correctness of the setting of the feet and the choice of the length of the step depends the safety slow running of the joints and ligaments, as well as the effectiveness of the load.
The technique of health improvement is the following.
- During movement, the inner edges of the feet are on a straight line. At that, the socks are slightly unfolded outward.
- Runners-lovers put a foot on the ground easiest from the heel to the toe. It is important to do this by soft rolling, and not flat on the ground.
- Vertical fluctuations during running should be minimal.
- Legs move due to the work of the thighs and knees, and the legs in the phase of flight remain relaxed.
- With the removal of the lower limb, the knee should be unbent to be smoothly extended. Otherwise, the weight of the whole body is on the straight leg, and this is a huge load on the joints.
- Do not raise your knees high, swing from side to side with your hips or body.
- Steps should not be too long or short. It is necessary to move easily, noiselessly.
- The body is held stationary with respect to the vertical axis. It can be tilted forward, but slightly – by 5-7 degrees.
- The arms are bent at right angles, the hands are slightly compressed. Do not strain your upper limbs.
- During the run, it’s right to look forward to 30-35 meters, and not under your feet. The shoulders with the neck should be relaxed.
The benefit of running for health and beauty
When starting classes, it is important to choose the appropriate motivation. You can consider running as a means of promoting health. It is proved that the exercises thrice a week increase the lumen of the coronary vessels, reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack, diabetes mellitus. Physically active people have a strong immune system.
Thanks to jogging, the metabolism and brain function improves, the level of bad cholesterol decreases. It is a remedy for chronic fatigue, hypotension, VSD. Recent studies show that the practice of health-improving run on average prolongs life for 5-7 years.
Another reason to start systematically running is the need to normalize the body weight and improve the figure. Energy expenditure for slow running is 600 calories per hour, that is, the monthly weight loss is on average 1 kg. This is without a power correction. If you slow running reduce the caloric content of the diet, improvements in appearance will become visible after 2-3 months.
At the same time, with severe obesity, you can not start sports with running. The American doctor Kenneth Cooper advised people whose weight exceeds the norm of 20 kg, prepare the body for exercise walking. They need to reasonably limit the diet, reducing the consumption of fats and carbohydrates.
After a couple of months of walking, you can go jogging, while observing a number of precautions.
- Do not run on asphalt – only on a soft ground. Choose park alleys or tracks of stadiums.
- Lifting the legs during the run should be minimal, the length of the step is 1.5-2 feet.
- Land on the whole foot. Run in sneakers with insteps and a thick elastic sole.
- The first months of training should be no more than 20-30 minutes. Running alternates with walking.
- In addition to jogging, perform a set of exercises to strengthen the muscles of the foot and ankle.
Advantages of slow running and equipment
Those who are involved in sports, no incentives need. For them, running is in itself a value, bringing freedom, pleasure and harmony. Scientists explain the euphoria that encompasses runners, the release of endorphins in the body. However, only one heady sense of the benefits of a wellness run is not limited. While running, a person concentrates on internal experiences, as if renouncing the outside world. Slow rhythmic movements, especially to music, are soothing, tuning to the working mood.
Advantages of health improvement:
- the opportunity to study at any time of the year;
- You can run both on the street and indoors – on the treadmill;
- Do not need coaching and special physical training;
- The running load is easy to dose according to the constitution of the body, possibilities, age, sex;
- control in the process of training can be carried out by the runner himself;
- Running is an important component of all health programs.
The topic of clothing for running deserves special attention. In summer, you can practice in a cotton T-shirt or T-shirt, comfortable shorts or leggings. For the off-season, a waterproof sports suit is suitable. In winter, you need to dress on the slow running principle of “cabbage”: the first layer – moisture-absorbing thermal underwear, the second – a warm fleece suit or sweatshirt. Outerwear is a windproof and waterproof jacket with pants. In addition, you need woolen gloves, balaclava or a hat, ski goggles. You need to run in special sneakers or winter sports shoes. Socks can be cotton or semisynthetic.